Show Comments ▼ KCS-content Share Rolls-Royce and Daimler open bid talks with rival whatsapp Monday 7 March 2011 9:12 pm Read This NextRicky Schroder Calls Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl ‘Ignorant Punk’ forThe WrapCNN’s Brian Stelter Draws Criticism for Asking Jen Psaki: ‘What Does theThe WrapDid Donald Trump Wear His Pants Backwards? Kriss Kross Memes Have AlreadyThe WrapPink Floyd’s Roger Waters Denies Zuckerberg’s Request to Use Song in Ad:The WrapHarvey Weinstein to Be Extradited to California to Face Sexual AssaultThe Wrap2 HFPA Members Resign Citing a Culture of ‘Corruption and Verbal Abuse’The Wrap’Black Widow’ First Reactions: ‘This Is Like the MCU’s Bond Movie’The Wrap’The View’: Meghan McCain Calls VP Kamala Harris a ‘Moron’ for BorderThe WrapKatt Williams Explains Why He Believes There ‘Is No Cancel Culture’ inThe Wrap ROLLS-ROYCE and car group Daimler and British may make a joint bid for German enginemaker Tognum, in a deal sources said could be worth €3bn (£2.6bn).Shares in Tognum, which was formerly owned by Daimler, closed up 23 per cent at €22.77 on the news yesterday.“Daimler confirms that together with Rolls-Royce, it is in discussions about the possibility of acquiring the majority of Tognum in equal shares,” Daimler said. The UK enginemaker and Daimler added they were in talks with Tognum, which may not lead to a sale. Sources close to the talks said Daimler was willing to consider a price of about €24 per share – almost 30 per cent above Friday’s closing price – whereas Tognum was pushing for more. whatsapp Tags: NULL
East African Breweries Limited (EABL.ke) listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange under the Beverages sector has released it’s 2010 presentation For more information about East African Breweries Limited (EABL.ke) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the East African Breweries Limited (EABL.ke) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: East African Breweries Limited (EABL.ke) 2010 presentation Company ProfileEast African Breweries Limited brews and produces alcoholic beverages made from malt and barley and sells them to domestic markets in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and South Sudan. Products in its range include Tusker, Tusker Malt Lager, Tusker Lite, Tusker Premium Cider, Pilsner Lager, Pilsner Ice Lager, White Cap Lager, White Cap Light, Windhoek Lager, Bell Lager, Serengeti Premium Lager, Senator Lager, Guinness, Balozi Lager, Kibo Gold and Allsopps Lager. East African Breweries also produces a range of spirits including Smirnoff No 21 vodka, Smirnoff Ice, Cîroc, Richot brandy, V&A sherry, Uganda Waragi, Justerini and Brooks, Myers Original Dark rum, Snapp, Jebel Special, Chrome vodka, Orijin and Smirnoff Ice Electric Ginseng, Johnnie Walker whisky and other Kenyan cane brands. Non-alcoholic brands in its product range include Alvaro and Malta Guinness. The company is a subsidiary of Diageo Plc and its head office is in Nairobi, Kenya. East African Breweries Limited is listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange
SHARE By Andy Eubank – Jun 22, 2014 Home Indiana Agriculture News Senators Introduce Legislation to Prevent Proposed EPA Water Rule Facebook Twitter Senators Introduce Legislation to Prevent Proposed EPA Water Rule Last Week Kansas Senator Pat Roberts and 29 other Republican Senators introduced legislation to prevent the Environmental Protection Agency from implementing its proposed Waters of the U.S. rule. Agri-Pulse reports the Senators claim the rule would allow the agency to take over all private and state waters in the U.S. by expanding its jurisdiction under the Clean Water Act. Roberts says he wants to make sure the expansion of regulatory jurisdiction over Waters of the U.S. is shelved for good – and he believes this legislation prohibits the EPA Administrator and Army Corps of Engineers Secretary from finalizing the rule or trying a similar regulation in the future.Source: NAFB News Service SHARE Facebook Twitter Previous articleDiscovery Park Center Awarded $12 Million DOE GrantNext articleUnderstanding the Politics of Food Andy Eubank
By Gary Truitt – Apr 14, 2015 More E85 for California Pearson Fuels and G&M Oil Company are celebrating their latest partnership with the grand opening of California’s newest E85 station at 499 Sandalwood Drive in Calimesa. There will be a ribbon-cutting celebration on Wednesday and E85 will be available from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for just 85 cents a gallon. This event is part of a much larger announcement of the two companies. Pearson Fuels and G&M Oil Company have announced 13 new E85 stations slated for California.Robert White, vice president of industry relations at the Renewable Fuels Association, commented, “It is great to see the second largest flex-fuel vehicle (FFV) market get more E85 stations. RFA congratulates Pearson Fuels and G&M Oil Company for identifying the need to bring this low-cost, cleaner-burning, alternative fuel throughout California. Consumers are searching for options, and many will now find E85.”E85 is approved for use in all flex-fuel vehicles and more than 3,400 stations are offering higher-level ethanol blends to consumers nationwide. Learn more at www.ChooseEthanol.com and www.E85prices.com.out the benefits of renewable fuels. RFA’s members are working to help America become cleaner, safer, more energy independent and economically secure. Previous articleMorning OutlookNext article4-H Students Present before House Agriculture Committee Gary Truitt SHARE Facebook Twitter SHARE Facebook Twitter Home Energy More E85 for California
News Organisation Reports November 6, 2006 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Editor gets provisional release when he has only two days left to serve The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa Receive email alerts Weekly seized from Gabon’s newsstands Help by sharing this information Norbert Ngoua Mezui, the editor of the fortnightly Nku’u Le Messager, was released provisionally two days before completing the 21-day prison sentence he began serving on 18 October. He received the sentence in 2003 but had never previously been made to serve it. Meanwhile, his lawyer’s appeal against the conviction on matters of substance will not now be heard until 11 December.——————————25.10.2006 – President Bongo asked to intercede on behalf of imprisoned editorReporters Without Borders wrote to President Omar Bongo yesterday asking him to do everything possible to obtain the release of Norbert Ngoua Mezui, the editor of the weekly Nku’u Le Messager, who was imprisoned on 18 October for a 21-day sentence which he received in 2003 but which he had never previously been made to serve. The press freedom organisation told Bongo his intercession on behalf of Mezui was needed to defuse mounting tension and hostility, both between various newspapers and between the media as a whole and the Gabonese authorities.Imprisoning a journalist “is an utterly inappropriate and disproportionate response to professional misconduct (…) and looks anachronistic in Gabon, where this form of punishment has not been used since 2000,” the letter said, pointing out that Gabon belongs to two organisations, the United Nations and the International Organisation of Francophone Countries (OIF), which have been calling for the decriminalization of press offences for years.His imprisonment is all the more deplorable as the newspaper he founded, Nku’u Le Messager, is known for being serious and for appearing regularly, in a country where many newspapers are published only intermittently and are tools for waging veiled political struggles, the letter pointed out.The letter finally suggested that the Gabonese judicial authorities had acted under “political pressure” as a result of a continuing media outcry resulting from allegations by two pro-governmental dailies, L’Union and Le Crocodile, that three ministers had pressured the president’s office to sell off the disputed island of Mbanié to neighbouring Equatorial Guinea.On 21 October, the National Council for Communication (CNC) issued a solemn warning to two privately-owned newspapers and a formal notice to a third.Reporters Without Borders holds that Mezui’s imprisonment is illegal for two reasons. Firstly, more than three years have gone by since his conviction in June 2003, and a three-year statute of limitations applies to the case. Secondly, the courts never ruled on the appeal filed by his lawyer against the conviction, and he could not therefore be made to serve the sentence until it has been confirmed on appeal. to go further GabonAfrica GabonAfrica Follow the news on Gabon January 24, 2020 Find out more News RSF_en News November 27, 2020 Find out more Gabonese journalist could spend New Year’s Eve in prison December 31, 2019 Find out more
Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown Reporters Without Borders: Do you think Ivan Safronov’s death was the result of a criminal act? Ilya Bulavinov: If it was a violent death, it was probably linked to his professional activity. But for the time being there are no grounds for claiming this. “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says May 28, 2021 Find out more RSF_en Do you think Ivan may have killed himself?No. He had a very happy family life. He was very involved in preparing the future of his son, who is a student. Ivan was a man who was very conscious of his responsibilities towards those close to him. He supported his family. All this confirms that he could not have killed himself. He loved his family too much to abandon them.I would also like to say that this case is being politicised. People should not write that Ivan was an opponent of the regime. That would be false. He was never an opponent. Yes, he had brushes with this or that official. Some of them did not like him. But he was not an opponent they would have wanted to kill. Follow the news on Belarus to go further BelarusEurope – Central Asia News BelarusEurope – Central Asia Help by sharing this information Organisation RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” March 8, 2007 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Kommersant deputy editor says reporter’s death should not be politicised Reporters Without Borders has interviewed Kommersant deputy editor Ilya Bulivanov about the mysterious death of one of its journalists, Ivan Safronov, in a fall from the fifth floor of his Moscow apartment building on 2 March. The police initially treated it as a suicide, eliciting energetic protests from Kommersant. Prosecutors finally said on 5 March they were investigating the possibility that it was the result of “incitement to suicide.”Given the sensitive nature of the subjects Safronov wrote about, Reporters Without Borders firmly believes the police should be investigating the possibility that he was killed in connection with his work as a journalist. News News Ivan Safronov, a reporter for the political section of the business daily Kommersant, was buried yesterday at the Khovanski cemetery. The circumstances of his death raise many questions. Reporters Without Borders has interviewed Kommersant deputy editor Ilya Bulavinov about the case. News What story was he working on at the time of his death?After attending the IDEX-2007 show, he wanted to work on Russian arms sales to the Middle East. This exhibition, one of the biggest in the arms world, took place on 17 February in Abu Dhabi. Ivan wanted to investigate deliveries of SU-30 fighters and other weapons to Syria and deliveries of C-300B anti-aircraft missiles to Iran. We never got this article. That is all we know.When did you see Ivan for the last time?Before the show, that is to say, a month ago. He had not come to the newspaper since then.Do you know if he had received threats?What I can say is that he knew that arms contracts were as sensitive subject. Especially as writing about this subject could be seen as “divulging state secrets.” Ivan and I had been summoned to testify in criminal trials for divulging state secrets. He had often been asked to reveal his sources. But Ivan was a very careful and scrupulous man. He always kept lots of different documents and could prove he got his information from known sources.The authorities are now investigating the possibility of “incitement to suicide.” What does that mean?Incitement to suicide could, for example, consist of regular telephone threats and so on. We are satisfied with this term. Initially, after Ivan’s death, we had a clear impression that no one wanted to deal with this case. The investigating judges in particular were very reluctant to act. But the public tributes paid to Ivan and statements by many journalists prompted the decision to open an investigation.Will Kommersant carry out its own investigation?Unfortunately, our resources cannot be compared with those of the prosecutor’s office. I think we have already done everything we can. We interviewed Ivan’s neighbours, his friends and relatives, and his doctor. He had a stomach ulcer which got worse some time ago. We thought that his doctor, whom he had just seen prior to his death, may have given him very bad news. But the doctor told us Ivan did not have any serious ailment and that his condition was even improving. June 2, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts May 27, 2021 Find out more
RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Donegal County Council is to be asked not to use any special powers granted to it in the Household Charge Act to identify people who are refusing to pay.Sinn Fein Cllr Jack Murray says he will submit an emergency motion to next Monday’s council meeting asking the council not to use the power requiring utility companies to supply information relevant to the collection of the charge.Cllr Murray says this is not a function which is reserved for management, and he hopes top secure sufficient numbers to see the motion through the chamber…………..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/murry830.mp3[/podcast] WhatsApp Twitter By News Highland – March 21, 2012 Pinterest Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Pinterest Previous articleTrouble after Derry – Linfield clashNext articleCouncil begins disconnecting non – domestic water charge defaulters News Highland HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week WhatsApp Council may refuse power to pursue Household Charge defaulters Google+ Facebook PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Facebook Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Newsx Adverts Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Twitter
Mineralogical and isotopic composition (Sr and Nd) of six dust samples, obtained from six widely spread ice-coring sites in Greenland, were analyzed in order to investigate the regional geographic variability of dust provenance. We show that long-range transport from eastern Asian deserts provides mineral dust with essentially the same composition to all elevated interior sites (Dye 3, Site A, GRIP, and NorthGRIP), while most material deposited at sites located closer to the edge and at lower altitude (Hans Tausen and Renland) derives from proximal source regions. No contribution from other sources is apparent at any of the interior sites from the mineralogical and isotopic composition of the dust samples, each of which represents several decades of dust deposition during the 17th-18th century. These results provide additional evidence that African and North American deserts do not play a significant role in the dust deposited over Greenland, which has implications for ice core record interpretation and atmospheric dust transport model validation.